Build-A-Robot Learning Center
The Build-A-Robot Difference!
(1) We are the only year-round afterschool program in
the area dedicated to K~12 Computer Science and Robotics + Social Emotional education through fun and purposeful learning.
(2) We love diversity and embrace learners of all
types! Last Fall, we had 42% girls and this Spring we have 56% girls currently participating in our programs. 35% of our students speak a second language. More than 25% of our students are identified as Gifted and Talented and Exceptional.
(3) Our programs are heavily hand-on and experiential.
We offer low Students to Staff Ratio (6:1) to ensure each student receives strong support
(4) Our summer camp offerings are suitable for our
existing and new students.
(5) Our summer programs are not one-offs but modules
that fit in our overall vision and systems of educating students year-round with combined skills to be competitive in the 21st century.
(6) The combined skill building that our programs emphasize on throughout the school year and during the summer include:
a. Computer Science Literacy and Proficiency
b. Creativity and Critical Thinking
c. Collaboration and Communication
d. Social Emotional Intelligence and Mental Resilience
e. Entrepreneurial and Leadership
f. Compassion and Contribution
(7) Our curricula are developed by educators,
engineers, and entrepreneurs who are all passionate about raising kids with characters and combined skills – problem solving kids who will not be replaced by robots and AI; who will grow up to create opportunities for themselves and for others.
(8) To develop students with combined skills, our
program offerings emphasize on active learning that develop and exercise students’ left and right brains. Our instructions and activities are designed to inspire and encourage thinkers to make things, artists to design for functions, and engineers to tell good stories.
(9) Our mission is to give students opportunities to engage in deep learning with fun for a purpose. Each camp session will be led
by thoughtful and empathetic instructors to help new students gain confidence and experienced students grow and stretch themselves in their developing areas.
(10) Your family becomes a member of our community when you join – semester immersion program students receive discounts to attend summer camps and summer camp students receive discounts to attend semester-long immersion programs.
Located in Superior Market Place, next to Wayne's BBQ. In the same parking lot across OfficeMax and Petsmart. Lots of shopping options - Costco, Wholefoods, Target, TJ Max, Michales and etc.